Free food and drink is becoming one of the most popular freebies about, whether it’s fast food, coffee or supermarkets, you can get hold of a freebie or two just about anywhere. Who said there’s not such thing as a free lunch?
Most of the big retailers by now have an app and some are packed with great discounts and freebies. You can enjoy exclusive discounts, win prizes and earn points, these are just a few of our favourites that you might not be aware of.
The Lidl reward app is only around a year old and is already our favourite of the bunch. Their super-generous discounts and fantastic reward scheme makes it a no-brainer for anyone looking to knock some money off their food bill.
The Best Bits
- Spend £100 in a month and earn a £2 off Voucher. Spend £200 and get a massive £10 voucher, the voucher can be spent on anything in store, no minimum spend. That means you can literally eat for free!
- Weekly food and drink coupons, offering up to 50% off a wide range of products, including 20% off all frozen veg or 15% off all cold meats, exclusively for users of the app,
- Spin to Win – Daily prizes and discounts just for logging in, prizes include a £2 voucher or discounts on certain products.
- Win £100 by filling in their short customer survey.
Packed with the best deals in the Fast-Food game, we told you a free lunch isn’t just a myth. In our opinion this has become the best fast food restaurant chain app, purely because of it's generous loyalty scheme and great offers. Subway's Subcard is also worth checking out though, as that's a great way of getting a free Sub, you can also create a 'Sub Squad' where you get rewarded every time your friend buys a Sub, not bad at all!
The Best Bits
- Weekly app-exclusive discounts, including up to 75% off menu items.
- Earn a stamp every time you spend £3 or more, build your stamps to get free food or a £5 voucher, that's' a nice bit of free fried chicken!
- Enter competitions and complete the KFC survey to get instant rewards.
The days of getting the little piece of card stamped 5 times, then losing it are fading. With the Costa app, you keep all year rewards and earning in your phone.
The Best Bits
- Earn points every time you purchase, whether it’s in store or at a Costa machine in petrol stations or supermarkets.
- Redeem your points with the app.
- Enjoy exclusive offers, bonuses and freebies throughout the year.
If you’re an O2 or Vodafone customer, then you can’t be missing out on this any longer, make the most of your phone contract with endless rewards. These deals are available for all customers on Sim Only or Contracts, and it’s as simple as entering your code or showing it in store, just download the apps and register to get started.
- All contracts, sim only and even PAYG (minimum top up £10 every 6 weeks)
- Install the VeryMe app, register and head to MyRewards to start claiming.
- Weekly rewards, giveaways and prizes, all tailored to you.
- Free hot drink at Greggs and Costa
- Free prepared Fruit and gift card at Tescos
- 50% off Spotify Premium
- Any O2 customer, PAYG, contract or sim only.
- Install the Priority app and complete your registration.
- New daily deals, rewards, bonuses, discounts and early access.
- Free drink of your choice with Café Nero
- Free chocolate from Thornton’s and Hotel Chocolate
- Free Sausage Roll or Vegan Sausage Roll at Gregg’s
- Plus early access to tickets for concerts, festivals, sports events and more
Download the FREE Krispy Kreme app ‘Friends of Krispy Kreme’
Get a free doughnut of your choice when you join, plus a free birthday donut for you, your children and your partner!
Olio is an app for sharing food, helping people pick up unwanted food and also people looking to offer free food of their own. If you hate waste as much as we do then it’s a must-have app.
Simply sign up and you’ll see free food for collection in your area, some may come from businesses, others from families. Upload photos of unwanted food you may have also and keep the whole thing moving along. With over 17 million portions shared and 3 million users, there’s no better time to start sharing.
We’re used to seeing them on the shelves at supermarkets, the famous yellow sticker discounts. You’ll start to realise that these discounts start at the same time most days. 7-8pm is the best time in my local store, but head down to yours at various times in the evening to get the best discounts.
However, discounts don’t just apply to supermarkets. Coffee shops and other food retailers do amazing deals shortly before close, our personal favourite is Starbucks. An hour before close you can get 50% off food items with 100% of proceeds going to charity.
We'd love to hear from you, whether you have a tip of your own, a favourite money saving hack for when you eat out, buy food or go for a drink, or anything else! Simply get in touch with us at Info@freeclub.co.uk, even if you don't like one of our tips, we'd love to hear from you!